No Better Time To Be Doing CRO Than Now

grumpy cat
Another reason to be grumpy…

The findings of the recent Adobe 2013 Digital Marketing Optimization Survey confirm what conversion optimization professionals and enthusiasts have known for a long time: that prioritizing conversion rate optimization or CRO has a positive impact on a company’s bottom line.

What’s surprising, however, is that contrary to the results of the “Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefing: Digital Trends for 2013” released by eConsultancy and Adobe in January, wherein CRO ranked among the top digital marketing priorities this year, the latest survey reveals that website optimization continues to be neglected by majority of companies, receiving less than 5% of the marketing pie.

Yes, you read that right: less than 5 percent. I think we all know where the other 95% of marketing budgets continue to be spent (or squandered, given that very little is spent on optimizing marketing campaigns). For us in CRO, this budget allocation is “sobering” (as Geno Prussakov puts it), “crazy” (says David Szetela), or even downright “stupid” (according to the feisty Peep Laja).

But there’s also a positive note here, especially for companies that are planning to quickly start or boost their optimization initiatives. Because this means that they still have a chance of getting ahead in the game (if they aren’t already). As the survey from Adobe suggests, website conversion rates are often directly proportional to the percentage of marketing budget dedicated to website optimization. That is, “those investing more than 25% of marketing budgets in this area being twice as likely to enjoy higher conversion rates(eConsultancy).

So the remaining question for digital marketers and companies is, when are you going to break out of the [5%] mold and take that first step towards higher conversions? It better be soon!

Come join us at Conversion Conference and learn strategies used by the world’s top conversion, usability, and testing experts. Check the Conversion Conference website and sign up to be among the first to receive updates.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *